Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Weekend Wedding



Our dear friends got married over the weekend in Central Park. It was a lovely wedding, despite the pouring down rain. There was something charming about seeing a cluster of umbrellas in an impossibly intimate little area of the park. We were all soaked afterward and decided to head to the Plaza Hotel for a drink. It was very impromptu, like most of our days living in the city. Such good memories! I miss New York, but I did come to the realization that we could never live there again. Schlepping through the rain, in and out of cabs (or subway) with a child, is not how I want to live my life. It's easy to forget how difficult New York City living can be. I have definitely romanticized the time we spent there, which is fine considering those were the best years of my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment