Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Before & After


I'm all about Before & After reveals. Last year when Finn went to preschool I found myself in desperate need of a project. My sanity is dependent upon design projects, so I decided to start with the house. I love the bones of our house, but there are so many cosmetic issues I wanted (and still want) to tackle. I started by painting all of the wood trim in our over 2,000 square ft house, along with the brick fireplace. It took me almost a year, but it has made a huge difference.


My next project was the master bath/bedroom combo. This was Number 1 on my most hated room list and ironically where I spend most of my time. I began with painting the wood trim white followed by the vanity. We had the carpet replaced with wood laminate and removed the light fixture, replacing it with two separate light fixtures. And we finally took down the giant mirror and put two framed mirrors up in its place, which I found at a discount store and painted white. The walls are painted Whale Gray by Benjamin Moore. I have many more house projects on my list, much to Bil's dismay. Luckily for him, I am very determined and figure out how to do most things on my own. So far we haven't had any mishaps, knock hard on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment