Thursday, June 9, 2011

Have a Seat!


I'm happy to say that Finn approves of my new chair. He is my toughest critic, especially when it comes to comfort. He even pulled a criss-cross applesauce! He has two of his own chairs in the living room. One from Pottery Barn Kids from my parents and another that he claimed as his own. The kid likes to sit. Which brings me to a little story that I found humorous. I picked Finn up from school the other day and his teacher wanted to discuss something with me. She told me that Finn sat on the toilet for almost 2 hours. They kept checking on him, but he said that he wasn't done. My first thought was that he was sick and that he needed lots of fluids. When we got in the car I asked if he felt well and he said he felt fine. OK? Then why did you sit in the bathroom for the entire morning? He proceeded to tell me that the class was watching Little Mermaid and he said "I'm afraid of the octopus lady". I felt bad for him, but then I realized that he outsmarted the teachers. Kindergarten is just over a year away. Hopefully the teachers will have him figured out.

On that note... I had a bad day yesterday. As soon as Bil got home, I sought refuge in the bathroom. I just sat and read a magazine. It was the only escape I could conjure up at that moment. Suddenly I realized what I was doing and how I always complain about the amount of time Bil spends in the bathroom. Wow! Our family finds some sort of serenity in bathrooms. It has now moved to the top of my remodel list. If we're all going to use it as a safe haven, it needs to be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment