Monday, April 25, 2011

no peeps allowed!





We normally have a quiet Easter at home with an occasional visit from a relative, but this year we decided to actually do something with ourselves. A few of our friends came over with their kids to color Easter eggs and ended up having a rock-n-roll dance party. The next morning Finn woke up in search of his Easter basket. He won't eat candy, so his basket is filled with toys. He doesn't mind at all! I avoided giving Finn any sweets until he was 2 & 1/2, expecting him to want nothing else after his first taste. That was not the case! He didn't want to take part in eating candy, cupcakes or ice cream. He really only eats dry textures and some fruits. Other moms tell me that I should be thankful, but I feel like he is missing out. All of the other kids are eating cupcakes and excited to find eggs filled with candy, but Finn has a fit if anyone offers him candy. As you can imagine, It takes the fun out of so many kid related activities like Halloween, birthday parties, school parties and just going to get ice cream on a hot summer day. All of my favorite things. He doesn't seem to feel like he is missing out and I guess he'll save us lots of money on dental visits.

We ended the weekend at my sister-in-law's house for a huge Easter dinner. Finn wouldn't eat anything that was being served. He ended up eating 2 bananas. They made an amazing cake for desert and offered Finn ice cream, which of course he wouldn't eat. I ate enough for both of us. I wish I could turn down chocolate cheese cake! He had a blast and passed out from exhaustion on our way home. It was a great weekend and isn't my little guy adorable!

1 comment:

  1. awww man, Finn is so big and SO CUTE! I think he and Wolfie could start a band....

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete